Our November Athlete of the Month has been traveling for the last six weeks, but will be back on Monday! Kim Thayer is described by trainers as hard working, consistent, and always possessing a positive attitude! Read though Kim’s responses to our questions below and check out some amazing photos from her recent adventures! Welcome back Kim, we will see you tomorrow!
- How long have you been a member at Kirkland CrossFit? Do you remember your first experience? I have been a member of KCF for a year and a half, and my first class was a trial, Brigid was coaching. We did burpees and I think thrusters. She had me use an empty bar, and I thought, no sweat, I can fo this, haha, I was so sore for a week!
- What keeps you coming back to the gym day after day? Definitely what keeps me coming back are the amazing coaches and wonderful athletes who inspire and encourage without fail! I feel KCF is a gem in Kirkland, every trainer is so motivating, knowledgeable, and passionate, they want to help everyone be their best at whatever level they are at. All the members are so nice and helpful, I am so thankful for each one of them and have made some great friends!
- Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? I don’t know if I have a favorite movement, but I like the upside down things, slam balls, and also love the mobility that has been incorporated.
- Do you have a least favorite WOD or movement? Least favorite… um, wall balls.
- What’s your biggest personal accomplishment inside KCF? Is there anything you want to share with the KCF community surrounding your personal fitness goals and accomplishments? Any recent PRs you are super proud of or lifts you feel most comfortable performing? KCF has been life changing as far as staying healthy at everyday things! No more back aches after vacuuming. Also feeling stronger all over is such a benefit! Core core core!
- Outside the gym, what are some of your favorite hobbies? My favorite hobbies are reading, gardening and traveling! As a matter of fact, I am writing this is Saipan! My daughter and I are visiting Guam also on this trip! I also really enjoy growing so many veggies the last couple years, lemon cucumbers are my favorite. Another pleasure is playing poker and other card games.
- Do you have a favorite place to vacation? My favorite place to vacation – that’s tough… But as far as a place to repeatedly visit, the gulf of Florida, it has the tropical waters, beaches, and heat of Hawaii, plus easy to get to and affordable.