Our March 2019 Athlete of the Month is also our 2019 Female ‘New Year, Healthier You Challenge’ WINNER! Congrats to Jessica Stewart for your recent successes from your hard work and dedication! Jess has been a member for six years and regularly attends both regular and endurance classes! She’s super strong, super fast, always smiling, and has been known to take a work call or email during class!!
- How long have you been a member at Kirkland CrossFit? Do you remember your first experience? I have been a member for six years. I remember on-ramping with Allison and loving every second of it… Also being so freaking sore!
- What keeps you coming back to KCF? The people. I love the community here! 🙂
- Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? Anything with double understanding.
- Do you have a least favorite WOD or movement? Thrusters and burpees are the worst.
- What’s your biggest personal accomplishment inside KCF? Winning the 2019 New Year, Healthier You Challenge!
- You won our New Year, Healthier You Challenge, anything you want to share about your health commitment and awesome results? My main focus was my diet and trying to stay in a state of ketosis. (Ketosis is a metabolic state in which some of the body’s energy supply comes from ketone bodies in the blood, in contrast to a state of glycolysis in which blood glucose provides energy. Generally, ketosis occurs when the body is metabolizing fat at a high rate and converting fatty acids into ketones.) I cut out all grains and sugars (including fruits), and focused on eating lean proteins and very low fats (not the typical Keto Diet). I only tracked my protein calories and ate all the green veggies. I purchased ketone strips online and would check to see if I was in ketosis almost every morning. If I wasn’t, I would go back to where I was logging my food entries and try to see what my body did not like and adjust from there. I lost 13 lbs of fat and reduced my body fat percentage by 3.6%
- Outside the gym, what are some of your favorite hobbies? I love being on the water with my family/friends – surfing in Eastern Washington, snow skiing in the winter.
- Do you have a favorite place to vacation or travel to? Any place warm and sunny! I love going to our cabin in Sun Cove on the Columbia River!!!
Thanks Jess for answering all our questions and congrats again on your recent Challenge win with incredible results!!