Who better to announce as our April 2019 Athlete of the Month than long time KCF athlete, super supportive peer, and vest wearing, Anton! Check out Anton’s answers to our questions below, and you probably won’t be shocked at his favorite and upcoming WOD!
- How long have you been a member at Kirkland CrossFit? Do you remember your first experience? Since 2014, so something like five years and some change.
- What keeps you coming back to the gym day after day? All the people that accept me as if I was part of their own families! I know that has been said before many times, but I’ve seen genuine joy in people’s eyes when they see me walk in the gym in the morning. I’ve come to realize how lucky I am to have KCF as my family. And I miss people from the gym when I am away or they are.
- Do you have a favorite WOD or movement? Murph without a doubt!!!
- Do you have a least favorite WOD or movement? Wall balls.
- What’s your biggest personal accomplishment inside KCF? I have learned how to be a little more modest and humble 🙂 (just a little tho… it’s hard to be as modest as I am already). And learned to face my weaknesses.
- Is there anything you want to share with KCF community surrounding your personal fitness goals and accomplishments? Any recent PRs you are super proud of or lifts you feel most comfortable performing? No recent PRs I recall being super proud of… but constantly failing to hit that 185# snatch is simply driving me nuts. 🙂
- Outside the gym, what are some of your favorite hobbies? Motorcycles, books, and recently Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Do you have a favorite place to vacation? I fell in love with New Zealand!
Thank you Anton for your love of the KCF community and also starting each morning with us!